A year-long interactive training programme suitable for potential, new and experienced leaders at every level in the Jesus Fellowship.
To ensure that leaders and potential leaders at every level are equipped to fulfil their role from a strong, balanced, Biblical foundation and from a healthy and growing relationship with God, themselves and other people.
- Four main Saturday training days, one each quarter, running from 10.00am to 4.30pm at venues in the central area of the church.
- Each training day will comprise four main sessions with mid-morning and afternoon drinks breaks and a lunch hour for fellowship. Food will be provided.
- Each day will include quality content from outside speakers who can bring mature experience and new perspectives to the training.
- Between each main event an additional meet-up in smaller local groups for mutual encouragement and progress checks. There will also be further self-led training using resources which will be provided. This will be a session of about two hours, the date, time and place to be arranged by network members.
Content for main training days
Session 1—Relationship with God
23 February 2019
- Nigel Tween, Elim Pastor— The well-rooted leader sustained by God
- Vicky Bolton, YWAM— Loving and feeding on the Word of God
Session 2—Relationship with self
18 May 2019
- Team from Ellel Ministries— Healed to lead—facing the wounds/finding release
Session 3—Relationship with others
September—details to be arranged
- Helpful and harmful pastoral care
- Building and sustaining effective teams
Session 4—Relationship with power
December or January—details to be arranged
- Servant leadership – what it really means
Please note: We plan to fix dates for sessions 3 and 4 as soon as possible so participants can put them in their diaries
Who can go?
The Leadership Foundations training programme is strongly recommended for all members of Pastoral Teams, but it is also open to anyone who believes it will benefit their ministry. In the event of the course being over-subscribed, priority will be given to Pastoral Team members.
A registration fee of £40 is chargeable for the whole year.